General Pet and Animal Quotes Page 4
- No animal should ever jump up on the dining-room furniture unless absolutely certain that he can hold his own in the conversation.
- Fran Lebowitz
- I know at last what distinguishes man from animals: financial worries.
- Romain Roland
- Our task must be to free ourselves...by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.
- Albert Einstein
- There can be no justification for causing suffering to animals simply to serve man's pleasure or simply to enhance man's lifestyle.
- The Dean of York
- Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do other creatures.
- His Holiness The Dalai Lama
- Mercy to animals means mercy to mankind.
- Henry Bergh
- The worst sin towards our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them. That's the essence of inhumanity.
- George Bernard Shaw
- Of all the creatures, man is the most detestable. Of the entire brood, he is the only one that possesses malice. He is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain. The fact that man knows right from wrong proves his intellectual superiority to the other creatures; but the fact that he can do wrong proves his moral inferiority to any creature that cannot.
- Mark Twain
- The indifference, callousness and contempt that so many people exhibit toward animals is evil first because it results in great suffering in animals, and second because it results in an incalculably great impoverishment of the human spirit.
- Ashley Montagu
- Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages.
- Thomas A. Edison
- I have developed a deep respect for animals. I consider them fellow living creatures with certain rights that should not be violated any more than those of humans.
- Jimmy Stewart
- Poor animals. How jealously they guard their pathetic bodies...that which to us is merely an evening's meal, but to them is life itself.
- T. Casey Brennan
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.