- A camel is a horse designed by a committee.
- The Towers of Trebizond
"Take my camel, dear," said my aunt Dot, as she climbed down from this animal on her return from High Mass.
- Dame Rose Macauley
- "A camel makes an elephant feel like a jet plane."
- Jacqueline Kennedy
- "In a way, I'd rather ride down the street on a camel than give what is sometimes called an in-depth interview. I'd rather ride down the street on a camel nude. In a snowstorm. Backwards."
- Warren Beatty
- "Life is like a camel; you can make it do anything except back up"
- Marcelene Cox
- The Profit
"It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased."
- Kehlog Albran
- "It is far easier for the proverbial camel to pass through the needle's eye, hump and all, than for an erstwhile colonial administration to give sound and honest counsel of a political nature to its liberated territory."
- Kwame Nkrumah
- The camel has a single hump,
The dromedary two;
Or else the other way around,
I'm never sure. Are you?
- Ogden Nash
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.