- "Method is more important than strength . . . By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passerby kill the snake for the beads."
- Siddha Nagarjuna
- "We were all on this ship in the sixties, our generation, a ship going to discover the New World. And the Beatles were in the crow's nest of that ship."
- John Lennon
- "It is better to fall among crows than flatterers; for those devour only the dead -- these the living."
- "The eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn from the crow."
- William Blake
- "As the old cock crows, so crows the young."
- Gascoigne's Good Morrow
The carrion crow, that loathsome beast,
Which cries against the rain,
Both for her hue and for the rest,
The Devil resembleth plain:
And as with guns we will kill the crow,
For spoiling our relief,
The Devil so must we overthrow,
With gunshot of belief.
- George Gascoigne
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.