- "Though boys throw stones at frogs in sport, the frogs do not die in sport but in earnest."
- It's not easy being green.
- Kermit the Frog
- Evolutionary biology is now uttering and seeking those forces that link us with all those that have being. If we can discover the meaning in the trilling of a frog, perhaps we may understand why it is for us not merely noise but a song of poetry and emotion.
- Adrian Forsyth
- "Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it."
- E B White
- "All men are not slimy warthogs. Some men are silly giraffes, some woebegone puppies, some insecure frogs. But if one is not careful, those slimy warthogs can ruin it for all the others."
- Cynthia Heimel
- "We're born princes and the civilizing process turns us into frogs."
- Eric Berne
- Frogs Eat Butterflies.
Snakes Eat Frogs.
Hogs Eat Snakes.
Men Eat Hogs.
- Wallace Stevens
- I never suffer any of my family to kill those little innocent animals called striped snakes, for they do me much service in destroying grasshoppers and other troublesome insects. Toads are of essential service, especially in a garden, to eat up cabbage worms, caterpillars, etc..
- Farmer's Almanac
- Toads are conservative animals, I think, and not much given to expecting the best from fortune. Some weeks ago, well before the end of October, I accidentally dug up one while turning over some garden earth. I was surprised, naturally, when one of the clods heaved over on its die and there, in some annoyance, sat at toad.
- Henry Mitchell
- Pagett, MP
The toad beneath the harrow knows
Exactly where each tooth-point goes;
The butterfly upon the road
Preaches contentment to the road.
- Rudyard Kipling
- As You Like It
Sweet are the uses of adversity,
Which like the toad, ugly and venomous,
Wears yet a precious jewel in his head;
And this our life, exempt from public haunt,
Finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks,
Sermons in stones, and good in everything.
- William Shakespeare
Which One Wins A Prize?
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.