- "A horse gallops with his lungs,
Perseveres with his heart,
And wins with his character."
- "A Horse! A Horse! my kingdom for a horse!"
- "If you want a kitten, start out asking for a horse."
- "You can lead a horse to manure but you can't make him drink."
- "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him backstroke."
- "You can take a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead."
- Stan Laurel
- "A horse divided against itself cannot stand."
- from Student Bloopers
- "Horses just naturally have mohawk haircuts."
- "The one thing I do not want to be called is First Lady. It sounds like a saddle horse."
- Jacqueline Kennedy
- "Treat a horse like a woman and a woman like a horse. And they'll both win for you."
- Elizabeth Arden
- "He was so learned that he could name a horse in nine languages; so ignorant that he bought a cow to ride on."
- Benjamin Franklin
- "If you cut a dog's head off, you get 25 hours bad luck. It is bad luck to kill a pegasus, unicorn, horse, or similar, if it is pure white in colour. (Followers of Dark and Death tend to disregard this)."
- "I've fallen in love with my horse. It's a safer bet. We all know from my illustrious past that I should be sticking to men with four legs."
- Sharon Stone
- "I'd call him a sadistic, hippophilic necrophile, but that would be beating a dead horse."
- Woody Allen
- "Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."
- W C Fields
- "Look not a gift horse in the mouth."
- "The cat lets Man support her. But unlike the dog, she is no hand-licker. Furthermore, unlike Man's other good friend, the horse, the cat is no sweating serf of Man. The only labor she condescends to perform is to catch mice and rats, and that's fun."
- Vance Packard
- "Some of my best leading men have been dogs and horses."
- Elizabeth Taylor
- If an ass goes travelling, he'll not come back a horse.
- Thomas Fuller
- In England I would rather be a man, a horse, a dog or a woman, in that order. In America I think the order would be reversed.
- Bruce Gould
Horse Quotes Page 2
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.