- He flung himself on his horse and rode off madly in all directions.
- Stephen Leacock
- A horse's eye disquiets me: it has an expression of alarm that may at any moment be translated into action.
- E V Lucas
- No garden that boasted geraniums as safe from Ajax's moody munchings. The only time that Madge ever coaxed it as far as Exeter, Ajax ate the whole of a rather elaborate display in the Cathedral Close.
- Arthur Marshall
- On Horseback he seemed to require as many hands as a Hindu god, at least four for clutching the reins, and two more for patting the horse soothingly on the neck.
- We attended stables, as we attended church, in our best clothes, thereby no doubt showing the degree of respect due to horses.
- Osbert Sitwell
- The steed bit his master.
How came this to pass?
He heard the good pastor
Cry, "All flesh is grass."
- There are two important rules in horse-riding. The first is to mount the horse. The second is to stay mountede.
- "A dog maybe a man's best friend but a horse made history..."
- There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.
- Winston Churchill
- Riding: The art of keeping a horse between you and the ground.
- Author Unknown
- Many people have sighed for the 'good old days' and regretted the 'passing of the horse,' but today, when only those who like horses own them, it is a far better time for horses.
- C.W. Anderson
- No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle.
- Winston Churchill
- Horses and children, I often think, have a lot of the good sense there is in the world.
- Josephine Demott Robinson
- A horse is dangerous at both ends and uncomfortable in the middle.
- Ian Fleming
- I can always tell which is the front end of a horse, but beyond that, my art is not above the ordinary.
- Mark Twain
- "Men are generally more careful of the breed of their horses and dogs than of their children."
- William Penn
- "Dumb animals we call them, while they bark and neigh and moo. They talk as much as we do - to them we seem dumb too."
- Rebecca McCann
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.