- And what's a buterfly? At best,
He's but a ceterpillar, drest.
- John Grey
- "Anteaters are generally found at picnics"
- "Aerodynamically the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it, so it goes on flying anyway."
- Mary Kay Ash
- "Bees are not a busy as we think they are. They just cannot buzz any slower."
- Kin Hubbard
- The Twelve Seasons
Two-legged creatures we are supposed to love as we love ourselves. The four-legged, also, can come to seem pretty important. But six legs are too many from the human standpoint.
- Joseph W Krutch
- Buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz! Busy bee! Busy bee! Busy Bee! Sting if you like, but don't sting me!
- Arthur Askey
- There was an old man in a tree
Who was horribly bored by a bee.
- Edward Lear
- Merchant of Venice
Thus hath the candle sing'd the moth.
O these deliberate fools!
- William Shakespeare
- So, naturalists observe, a flea
Hath smaller fleas that on him prey;
And these have smaller fleas to bite 'em,
And so proceed ad infinitum.
- Jonathon Swift
- Nothing seems to please a fly so much as to be taken for a currant; and if it can be baked in a cake and palmed off on the unwary, it dies happy.
- Mark Twain
- We hope that, when the insects take over the world, they will remember with gratitude how we took them along on all our picnics.
- Bill Vaughan
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.