Mammal Quotes Page 2
- "Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea -- massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind- boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it."
- Gene Spafford
- "Elephants never forget, but you seldom see a kangaroo with a zipper."
- Out of Africa
A herd of elephant...pacing along as if they had an appointment at the end of the world.
- Karen Blixen
- The Progress of the Soul
Nature's great masterpiece, an elephant,
The only harmless great thing.
- John Donne
- Paradise Lost
The unwieldy elephant
To make them mirth used all his might, and wreathed
His lithe proboscis.
- A. A. Milne
- Just-So Stories "The Elephant's Child"
An Elephant's Child - who was full of "satiable curtiosity".
- Rudyard Kipling
- "Stealing a rhinoceros should not be attempted lightly."
- "It looks like a miniature hippopotamus with badly-fitting panty hose all over."
- Roger Caras about the Chinese Shar-pei
- "May a Misguided Platypus lay its Eggs in your Jockey Shorts"
- Mammals are classified thus: man and the lower aniimals. Man does the classifying.
- The gnu's extraordinary movements... could only be described as something like an acute attack of St. Vitus's Dance.
- Gerald Durrell
- The Elephant a joker of the animal kingdom, having a flexible nose.
- Ambrose Bierce
- The deer in Richmond Park...come up close to people without the least fuss, and they show a preference for vegetarians.
- Karel Capek
- I had a hippopotamus: I kept him in a shed
And fed him upon vitamins and vegetable bread...
He frolicked with the Rector in a dozen friendly tussles,
Who could not but remark upon his hippopotamuscles.
- Patrick Barrington
Mammals Quotes Page 3
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.