- "Like dogs in a wheel, birds in a cage, or squirrels in a chain, ambitious men still climb and climb, with great labor, and incessant anxiety, but never reach the top."
- Robert Burton
- "Squirrels run when a Jeep arrives"
- "Here Skugg Lies
Snug As a bug
In a rug."
- Benjamin Franklin An epitaph for a squirrel, 'skugg' being a dialect name for the animal
- Just-So Stories "Sing-Song of Old Man Kangaroo"
Old Man Kangaroo first,
Yellow-Dog Dingo behind.
- Rudyard Kipling
- "Elephants never forget, but you seldom see a kangaroo with a zipper."
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.