- "A beaver does not, as legend would have it, know which direction the tree will fall when he cuts it, but counts on alacrity to make up for lack of engineering expertise."
- Ann Zwinger
- "Canada was built on dead beavers."
- Margaret Atwood
- We know what the animals do, what are the needs of the beaver, the bear, the salmon, and other creatures, because long ago men married them and acquired this knowledge from their animal wives.
- The Carrier Indians of the Bulkley River
- Pulling Onions: The Maxims of Gardening
Remember that gophers also need to make a living; preferably in somebody else's garden. When you can't fight on and drop to die; your just a big tasty feast for the crows, ants, buzzards and flies. Your dog will always shit near your favorite garden seat. Your wet and smelly dog always likes to cozy up real close while your weeding. If dogs and cats craved raw vegetables, they would have never become pets. Mother Nature is always pregnant. Gardens are demanding pets.
- Michael P. Garofalo
- You Can't Cheat an Honest Man
Some weasel took the cork out of my lunch.
- W C Fields
- Pop Goes the Weasel
Up and down the City Road,
In and out the Eagle,
That's the way the money goes -
Pop goes the weasel!
- W R Mandale
- The symbol of Canada is the beaver, that industrious rodent whose destiny it was to furnish hats that warmed better brains than his own.
- Ray Daniels
Which One Wins A Prize?
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.