- "I am more afraid of an army of a hundred sheep led by a lion than an army of a hundred lions led by a sheep."
- "And what is the Scientific Community doing about these problems, young people? THEY'RE CLONING SHEEP. Great! Just what we need! Sheep that look MORE ALIKE than they already do! Thanks a lot, Scientific Community!"
- Dave Barry
- "It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life."
- Elizabeth Kenny
- "Without tradition, art is a flock of sheep without a shepherd. Without innovation, it is a corpse."
- Winston Churchill
- "It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be."
- "It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favour of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion."
- William Ralph Inge
- "Real education must be limited to men who *insist* on knowing. The rest is mere sheep-herding."
- Ezra Pound
- "I once complained to my father that I didn't seem to be able to do things the same way other people did. Dad's advice? 'Margo, don't be a sheep. People hate sheep. They eat sheep.'"
- Margo Kaufman
- "To give your sheep or cow a large, spacious meadow is the way to control him."
- Shunryu Suzuki
We're poor little lambs who've lost our way,
Baa! Baa! Baa!
We're little black sheep who've gone astray,
Gentlemen-rankers out on the spree,
Damned from here to Eternity,
God ha' mercy on such as we,
Baa! Yah! Bah!
- Rudyard Kipling
- God tempers the wind to the shorn lamb.
- Laurence Sterne
- (of Clement Attlee)
A sheep in sheep's clothing.
- Sir Winston Churchill
- The Misfortunes of Elphin
The mountain sheep are sweeter,
But the valley sheep are fatter,
We therefore deemed it meeter
To carry off the latter.
- Thomas Love Peacock
- The Lamb
Little Lamb, who made thee?
Dost thou know who made thee?
- William Blake
- Lycidas 123
The hungry sheep look up, and are not fed.
- John Milton
- On the Morning of Christ's Nativity
Perhaps their loves, or else their sheep,
Was all that did their silly thoughts so busy keep.
- John Milton
- A relative of mine ... spends his time producing improved breeds of sheep and pigs and chickens. So patronising and irritating to teh Almighty, I should think.
Which One Wins A Prize?
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.