Bird Quotes Page 3
- Coexistence ... what the farmer does with the turkey - until Thanksgiving.
- Mike Connolly
- Auguries of Innocence
A Robin Redbreast in a cage
Puts all Heaven in a Rage.
- William Blake
- To me, the garden is a doorway to other worlds; one of them, of course, is the world of birds. The garden is their dinner table, bursting with bugs and worms and succulent berries.
- Anne Raver
- A bird in the hand is a certainty, but a bird in the bush may sing.
- Bret Harte
- Poor indeed is the garden in which birds find no homes.
- Abram L. Urban
- There was a handsome male mockingbird that sang his heart out every morning during the nesting season from the top of a tall Norfolk Pine tree. Last week the tree was cut down. The mockingbird and his song are gone. I can't put a dollar value on the tree nor on the mockingbird nor on his song. But I know that I - and our whole neighborhood - have suffered a loss. I wouldn't know how to count it in dollars.
- Jacquelyn Hiller
- The sound of birds stops the noise in my mind.
- Carly Simon
- Birds Migrate at Night
Over the glittering, rattled ladders of shale the birds cross, tangential to the sea at night. Hour upon hour you can sense the undulation of wings. If you lift your cheek quite carefully you can feel the kiss and the wisp of air stirred by the inaudible glide.
- Jan Haag
There are 8,600 species of birds in the world today. They are found everywhere. Birds play a vital role in the balance of nature. They eat insects, pests and small animals. Fruit eating birds are best for scattering seeds for these plants. Seed eating birds digest seeds and in so doing keep millions of weeds from the earth... Birds have between 1,000 and 25,000 feathers.
- U C Davis
- That little bird has chosen his shelter. Above it are the stars and the deep heaven of worlds. Yet he is rocking himself to sleep without caring for tomorrow's lodging, calmly clinging to his little twig, and leaving God to think for him.
- Martin Luther
- There are two lasting bequests we can give our children: one is roots. The other is wings.
- Hodding Carter, Jr
- The Stone of Heaven
Any woodthrush shows it - he sings, not to fill the world, but because he is filled.
- Jane Hirshfield
- Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
and never stops at all.
- Emily Dickenson
- Gentle day's flower - The hummingbird competes With the stillness of the air.
- Chogyam Trungpa
- Spirituality is like a bird:
If you hold it too closely, it chokes,
And if you hold it too loosely, it escapes.
- Israel Salanter Lipkin
Bird Quotes page 4
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.