- "If you think that something small cannot make a difference - try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room."
- "Female moths are called myths."
- "We are closer to the ants than to butterflies. Very few people can endure much leisure."
- Gerald Brenan
- "What's the need of working if it doesn't get you anywhere? What's the use of boring around in the same hole like a worm? Making the hole bigger to stay in?"
- Marita Bonner
- "The butterfly's attractiveness derives not only from colors and symmetry: deeper motives contribute to it. We would not think them so beautiful if they did not fly, or if they flew straight and briskly like bees, or if they stung..."
- Primo Levi
- "What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly."
- Richard Bach
- "This magnificent butterfly finds a little heap of dirt and sits still on it; but man will never on his heap of mud keep still..."
- Joseph Conrad
- "The mosquito is the state bird of New Jersey."
- Andy Warhol
- "It's all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation."
- Dr. Rob Gilbert
- "An optimist is one who believes that a fly is looking for a way to get out."
- "Laws are like cobwebs which catch small flies, but let wasps and hornets break through."
- Jonathan Swift
- "Here Skugg Lies snug As a bug In a rug."
- Benjamin Franklin
- "A tiny fly can choke a big man."
- Solomon in Gabirol
- "Doubts are the ants in the pants of faith. They keep it awake and moving."
- Frederick Buechner
- "Teaching a child not to step on a caterpillar is as valuable to the child as it is to the caterpillar. "
- Bradley Millar
- The Ant
Forbear, thou great good husband, little ant.
- Richard Lovelace
- Ode on Melancholy
Nor let the beetle, nor the death-moth be
Your mournful Psyche.
- John Keats
Insect Quotes Page 2
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.