Mammal Quotes Page 1
- Proverbs 6:6
Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise.
- The Task
I was a stricken deer,
That left the herd
- William Cowper
- The Gazelles
Then, cleaving the grass, gazelles appear
(The gentler dolphins of kindler waves)
With sensitive heads alert of ear;
Frail crowds that a delicate hearing saves.
- Sturge Moore
- The Fire-Worshippers
I never nurs'd a dear gazelle,
To glad me with its soft black eye,
But when it came to know me well,
And love me, it was sure to die!
- Thomas Moore
- Some people are uncomfortable with the idea that humans belong to the same class of animals as cats and cows and raccoons. They're like the people who become successful and then don't want to be reminded of the old neighborhood.
- Phil Donahue
- "Writing a book is like washing an elephant: there's no good place to begin or end, and it's hard to keep track of what you've already covered."
- "Women are like elephants to me; they're nice to look at but I wouldn't want to own one."
- W. C. Fields
- "It is the little bits of things that fret and worry us; we can dodge a elephant, but we can't dodge a fly."
- Josh Billings
- "One day I was walking through the jungle and I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas I'll never know."
- Groucho Marx
- "Living next to you is in some ways like sleeping with an elephant. No matter how friendly and even-tempered is the beast, if I can call it that, one is affected by every twitch and grunt."
- Pierre Elliott Trudeau
- "A camel makes an elephant feel like a jet plane."
- Jacqueline Kennedy
- "When you have got an elephant by the hind leg, and he is trying to run away, it's best to let him run."
- Abraham Lincoln
- "Horton Hears a Who"
"I meant what I said, and I said what I meant. An elephant's faithful, one hundred percent.
- Dr. Seuss
- "A fool-proof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge block of marble; then you chip away everything that doesn't look like an elephant."
- "All men are not slimy warthogs. Some men are silly giraffes, some woebegone puppies, some insecure frogs. But if one is not careful, those slimy warthogs can ruin it for all the others."
- Cynthia Heimel
Mammals Quotes Page 2
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.